Blogger Templates

debbie's bargain hunt

Photos and comments on my bargain buys... Of course, a few higher priced items may appear from time to time if I feel that the quality outweighs the cost.

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Scented Candles: 3 of my Favourites

I've always been a fan of scented candles, getting drawn in by pretty packaging and promises of exotic scents. I discovered that most I've been drawn to are just pretty and serve their purpose well enough as a candle, but the smell is either way too subtle or is non existent. 


I'm sharing my 3 favourites, which are not the cheapest, but are value for money in terms of quality.



The Laura Ashley Fragranced Boxed Candles beautifully packaged and are the most subtly scented out of my three favourites. These are perfect for gifts, and perfect if you don't want your room to be overwhelmed by a strong scent. I find that to get the most from these scents you need to leave them burning for a good few hours. The joy is that they don't burn down quickly so you can do this without the fear of using it up too quickly! 
These currently RRP in Laura Ashley for £14, but you can pick them up in the sale at the moment for £9.80 (http://www.lauraashley.com/home-fragrance).



If I want to fill a room up with a strong and distinctive scent, and don't want to wait for long, I'll always go for a Yankee Candle. Whatever scent you go for you're going to get a good strong fragrance and a candle that stands the test of time. These candles aren't the cheapest, but if you know where to look, you don't have to pay too much. Sales in department stores are you're best bet, especially in the Christmas sales if you enjoy the winter range! At the moment I'm loving Midnight Jasmine - a floral scent that makes me feel calm and relaxed. For a good price have a look at www.yankeedoodle.co.uk/x-cart/, they always have great offers on and seem to post quickly too! 



For an indulgent treat, I'd highly recommend Liz Earle's website as your first port of call. I'm a big fan of all the Vital Oils candles, in particular 'Harmony' (http://uk.lizearle.com/aromatherapy/vital-oils-candle-harmony.html) which has a real citrus scent to it. All these candles use a blend of real essential oils. They're small but seem to last a while too. I find they're a fab accompaniment to a relaxing bath! These RRP at £8.95. If I'm ordering my regular facial products from Liz Earle I tend to pop a candle in the shopping basket too!

I'm always open to suggestions. If you have a favourite brand for candles let me know!? Or a favourite scent within a range? :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment